In response to Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham’s order issued March 18, 2020 pertaining to the COVID-19 public health emergency and the directive to further implement social distancing in order to minimize public health risk, County Manager Amber Hamilton has issued the following directive that will impact all County Offices as of 8:00 AM on Monday, March 23, 2020 effective through Thursday, April 9, 2020.
• County Government Administration, Clerk’s, Assessor’s, Treasurer’s, and Sheriff’s Offices,
Planning/Emergency Management, Detention Center and Road will not provide direct in-person services to the public. If the public has business with any of these offices, business will need to be conducted via Email, through the mail or by telephone and/or fax.
• These offices will continue to be staffed and customers are encouraged to contact the offices with the information below:
oAdministration 575.356.5307 email@example.com
oDetention 575.356.6871 firstname.lastname@example.org
oEmergency Management 575.359.2869 email@example.com
oFinance 575.356.5307 firstname.lastname@example.org
oHuman Resources 575.356.5307 email@example.com
oIndigent Healthcare 575.356.5307 firstname.lastname@example.org
oRoad Department 575.356.5942 email@example.com
oAssessor’s Office 575.356.6971 firstname.lastname@example.org
oCounty Clerk’s Office 575.356.8562 email@example.com
oSheriff’s Office 575.356.4404 firstname.lastname@example.org
oTreasurer’s Office 575.356.4081 email@example.com
• All payments for services, filing, recording and payment of taxes will need to be done via check, money order or credit card. Payments may be submitted through the mail, online, or customers may use the payment drop box located on the northeast corner of the Roosevelt County Courthouse.
• Individuals seeking a marriage license will need to call the County Clerk’s Office and make arrangements.
• As per the order from Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham, effective March 19, 2020 Roosevelt County Detention Center will suspend visitation and outside services until April 10, 2020.
• The Roosevelt County Sheriff’s Office has implemented a temporary procedure to provide electronic copies of reports as requested and electronic copies are not assessed a fee.
The March 24, 2020 Board of Commissioners regular meeting is canceled. At this time, the next regular meeting slated for April 7, 2020 at 9 a.m. will remain as scheduled. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. The safety and security of our employees and the public is our upmost concern.
Roosevelt County is following the direction of the Governor’s Office and relying on the New Mexico Department of Health, Center for Disease Control and the World Health Organization for the latest COVID-19 data. As the public health experts have advised: social isolation is the most important strategy for containing and mitigating the spread of COVID-19. We are hoping this will limit the opportunity for person-to-person contact and prevent the spread.